Flipkart: The Online Megastore is one of the leading Indian e-Commerce website which is primarily used by many to buy books. You too might have spent some money for buying any product from it and even referred Flipkart to your friends for buying any specific product, how cool it could be if you can earn some commission when you refer a product on it and your friends buy it. Like a friend of mine always keeps track of some good deals on internet and he refers it to me and other friends and if we like it we buy it. But he gets nothing or no profit to do that. But Flipkart has its ‘Affiliate program‘ through which you can earn money i.e some commission when a friend of yours buy the product you refer him.
What is Affiliate Program ?
It is a program in which a company pays some commission to a person known as its ‘affiliate‘ for referring customers or users who buy any product from that company’s website.
Flipkart Affiliate Program: Sign Up Link
On Flipkart’s Affiliate Page, you can check out the commissions rate they give category wise. They give 6% commission for books i.e Rs. 6 commission for a book of Rs. 100.
How it Works ?
After you sign up and confirm their mail log in to your flipkart affiliate account. You will be able to see your unique Affiliate ID also known as Tracking ID which is used for tracking that the user has come to the site through your link. Don’t forget to fill and re-check your Payment details.
You will be able to see your Affiliate tools like the Banners, search bars if you want to promote it through your website. You can create your affiliate link for a particular product by just adding your affiliate id after adding ‘?affid=‘ at the end of any product url you want to promote. Then send this link to your friends who are interesting in buying that product.
As soon as any clicks on the link containing you affiliate id and buys the product, you gain commission.
- The Sale is counted if the user buys within 24 hours after your affiliate link has been once visited.
- You get paid for all the products the user buys after he visits flipkart from your affiliate link. It means that if any user opens flipkart through your link of Steve Jobs book and then he buys another 5 books, you get paid for all the books provided it is within 24 hours.
Flipkart pays its affiliate in 2 ways:
- EFT: The money is directly deposited in your bank account once you reach Rs. 2500 [Min. Payment Threshold for EFT-Electronic Funds Transfer].
- Gift Voucher: You can use the money to purchase a product on flipkart once you reach Rs. 250.
- Make a website on Book Reviews and promote books there.
- Use URL shortening service like bit.ly to shorten your affiliate link.
- Promote the products you buy on Facebook giving your review about the product.
Hope you can earn more money from this. Newbies, if you have any query comment below.